As the operator of www.wasabi.uk.com
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Wasabi Co. Ltd, company registration number 04431046 and having its registered address at 22 Great James Street, London, WC1N 3ES.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering an Account (as defined in our website terms and conditions), purchasing any goods available through the Website or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of job bookings carried out through our Website.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our service.
If you are registered with an Account and your personal details change, you may update them by accessing your profile on the Website. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us using the details set out below.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree.
For more information, about cookies in general or if you would like to know how to disable cookies on the website, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, goods or services as set out in our website terms and conditions.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will notify you about our services which are similar to those which were provided to you via the Website.
We will not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly given us permission to do so.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with the to provide the Website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.